Monday, October 10, 2016

Home Made Tortilla Crisps - Taco or Jerk or Cajun Spice mix Flavored (Think Doritos Chips)

Pin It Now!

 OH BOY HOMEMADE CHIPS...

But not just any chips, these are my very favorite thing to serve with soup (like the BEST DAMN CHICKEN SOUP EVER!!! Soup shown in the photos).

Think Doritos.  But Unless I am having a party, I try not to buy a bag of Doritos. I sit and eat the whole bag... Calories Calories.


Plus...

I can flavor these chips as I like.  The BEST DAMN CHICKEN SOUP EVER!!! Soup shown in the photos has a Tex Mex spice.  So I added a sprinkle of Taco seasoning on each crisp.  Like a wine pairing, I pair my crisps ;)

  Very simple really.  I can whip these up with just a minute of hands on work and 5-10 minutes of cooking time.  Time to reheat the soup.

Cut soft tortillas into the shape you like...
Brush with melted butter...
Dust with spice...
Bake...

and of course... ENJOY!


  OK... Here's what I did...

Home made
Tortilla Crisps
Think Doritos Chips

Ingredients
  • 6 Soft Tortillas
  • 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter, melted
  • 6 tsp Taco Flavored Spice Mix
    (can substitute spice mix of your choice for different flavored crisps)
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees,
  2. Using a pizza cutter cut the tortillas into strips or pie shaped triangles
  3. Lay the tortillas in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
  4. Brush each strip or triangle with the melted butter
  5. Sprinkle the spice on each tortilla piece.
  6. Bake in oven for about 5 -10 minutes until the crisps begin to get golden brown and delicious, and have hardened to a texture similar to a Doritos chip.  Baking time mostly depends on how you like your crips.  I like them crispy, my wifr likes hers with a little doft chew texture in the center.
  7. Serve with Soup and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP